- Attachment-Related Dismissal Results in Underreported Distress in Children in GoodTherapy.Org (2012)
- Telling Kids About Deployment: What to Say and How to Listen, Depending on their Age Group in GX magazine (Volume 8.4, 2012).
- Does Previous Trauma Experience Affect Adjustment After Divorce? in GoodTherapy.Org (2011)
- “Talking to Your Child about Leaving” in Mission Ready (2011)
- “Getting a Read on Your Kids” in Mission Ready (2011)
- “Telling Kids about Deployment” in GX (2011)
- “When Kids Aren’t Themselves” in Homefront Magazine (2011)
- Borelli, J.L., West, J.L., DeCoste, C., Suchman, N.E. (2012). Emotionally avoidant language in the parenting interviews of substance dependent mothers: Associations with reflective functioning, recent substance use, and parenting behavior. Infant Mental Health Journal.
- Borelli, J. L., David, D. H., Crowley, M. J., Snavely, J. E.,& Mayes, L. C. (2012). Dismissing children’s perceptions of their parental care and their own temperament: Preliminary evidence of positive bias. Child Psychiatry and Human Development.
- Borelli, J.L., Sbarra, D.A., Crowley, M.J., & Mayes, L.C. (2011). Mood symptoms and emotional responsiveness to threat in school-aged children. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 40(2), 220-232.
- Lee, S.M., Borelli, J.L., & West, J.L. (2011). Children’s attachment relationships: Can attachment data be used in child custody evaluations? Journal of Child Custody, 8(3), 212-242.
- Borelli, J.L., Crowley, M.J., David, D.H., Sbarra, D.A., Anderson, G.M., & Mayes, L.C. (2010). Attachment and emotion in school aged children. Emotion, 10(4), 475-485.
- Suchman, N. E., DeCoste, C., Leigh, D., & Borelli, J. L. (2010). Reflective functioning in mothers with drug use disorders: Implications for dyadic interactions with infants and toddlers. Attachment and Human Development, 12(6), 567-585.
- Borelli, J. L., David, D. H., Crowley, M. J., & Mayes, L. C. (2010). Links between disorganized attachment classification and clinical symptoms in school-aged children. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 19(3), 243-256.
- Aikins, D.E., Johnson, D.C., Borelli, J.L., Klemanski, D., Morrissey, P.M., Southwick, S., & Tolin, D. (2009). Thought suppression failures in combat PTSD: A cognitive load hypothesis. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 47, 744-751.
- Rifkin-Graboi, A., Borelli, J.L., & Bosquet, M. (2009). Neurobiology of stress in infancy. In Zeanah, C. (Ed.), Handbook of Infant Mental Health (59-79). New York: Guilford Press.
- Borelli, J.L. (2007). The game with no rules: A sibling confronts mental illness. Breaking the silence: Mental health professionals disclose their personal and family experiences of mental illness. Oxford University Press: New York.
- Borelli, J.L. (2006). The importance of emotion regulation in understanding attachment and intersubjectivity: A comment on Lyons-Ruth. Psychoanalytic Inquiry, 26, 622-630.
- Borelli, J.L., & Prinstein, M.J. (2006). Reciprocal, Longitudinal Associations Among Adolescents’ Negative Feedback-Seeking, Depressive Symptoms, and Peer Relations. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 32, 159-169.
- Prinstein, M. J., Borelli, J. L., Cheah, C. S. L., Simon, V. A., & Aikins, J. W.. (2005). Adolescent girls’ interpersonal vulnerability to depressive symptoms: A longitudinal examination of reassurance-seeking and peer relationships. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 114, 676-688.
- Borelli, J.L., & David, D.H. (2004). Attachment Theory and Research as a Guide to Psychotherapy Practice. Journal of Imagination, Cognition, and Personality, 23, 257-287.
- Borelli, J.L., Goshin, L., Joestl, S., Clark, J., & Byrne, M.W. (in press). Attachment organization in a sample of Incarcerated Mothers: Distribution of classifications and associations with substance abuse history, depressive symptoms, perceptions of parenting competency, and social support. Attachment and Human Development.
- Borelli, J.L., Luthar, S., & Suchman, N.E. (in press). Discrepancies in perceptions of maternal aggression: Implications for children of methadone-maintained mothers. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry.
- Borelli, J. L., David, D. H., Crowley, M. J., & Mayes, L. C. (in press). Overgeneral attachment-related autobiographical memory in children. International Journal of Psychology.