Some of my favorite links to all things pedagogical:
POGIL for Biochemistry
- POGIL work book for biochemistry by Jennifer Loertscher and Vicky Minderhout of Seattle University
- Exit cards. I often simply ask two questions:
- What was the favorite thing you learned today?
- What are you confused about or want to learn more about?
- One resource on exit cards is here.
- Clickers. I am a fan of clickers and have used them in biochemistry lecture. That said, writing a good clicker question is not trivial. Here are some good resources:
- Woelk 2008 Optimizing the Use of Personal Response Devices (Clickers) in Large-Enrollment Introductory Courses. Chem. Educ., 2008, 85 (10), p 1400.