Joining the Lab
New team members at the undergraduate or research assistant level will be selected on the basis of five criteria:
- Academic Performance as suggested by grades in course work and professional recommendations. *Please provide additional information in your cover letter if you feel like these measures are not representative of your qualifications.
- Technical Proficiency including computer use (MS Office Suite, statistical analysis tools, programming, etc.), organization of databases and documents, scheduling, planning for deadlines, etc.
- Research Interests which should be broadly related to the psychology and/or neuroscience of social cognition and/or emotion. The PAC-Lab conducts both behavioral and neuroscience research, but it is not necessary to be interested in both.
- Availability/Commitment Research requires time. Applicants without 8 hrs/wk of availability and at least 1 semester of commitment (ideally 1 year) will not be considered.
- Motivation/Initiative. Research assistants are anticipated to take ownership over projects and to see them through to completion or to a reasonable milestone (note that the typical lifespan of projects can be anywhere from 6 months to 2+ years).
Still interested? Please email Professor Satpute at: email@example.com
Please include the following in your message: (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) a brief statement of intent (what are your short-term and long-term goals as related to work in the lab), (iii) a brief statement of research interests.
Participating in Research
If you would like to participate in one of our paid research studies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about current opportunities.
Lab location: Lincoln-Edmunds 3129, Pomona College
Lab phone number: (909) 607-7734